Jun 23, 2014

Paint in one Day - Losing Art Center

Attended a one day workshop at the Losina Art Center entitled: Learn to Paint in One Day.  I took the course to see if I could forget myself and stop taking this whole thing so seriously (and therefore frightening).  Amazing day – we worked really fast, played with tempera paints and learned some sketching tricks.  It became obvious that “it was just paper” and that if I didn’t like something, not a problem – just do another.   If I liked something, figure out what and do it again!  At the end of the day, Olya pointed out that anyone can paint – and enjoy it.  Of course, she also reminded us that to be an artist will require time and effort!  Different things!!!


The progression of paintings (5x7 each) from the beginning of class to the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment