Nov 7, 2015

Resistance - in the physical form!

Such a funny thing, this Resistance.. I got my studio all cleaned out; caught the mouse and restored order.  Of course, that could also have been a form of resistance.  Planned my next project, had the palette set up... dreamt about how I'd approach it.  And BAM.  Something got me!  Cough, fever... Three days later I finally got back to the studio.

The first time I started "The Artist's Way," I sat down to my Morning Pages.  I'd had a great night's sleep, no excuses.  Paper on table, pen in hand.  First my hand cramped and I could scarcely hold the pen. I plowed through.  Then I fell asleep.  Right there in the middle of the page!  Talk about Resistance!

Plowed through this morning too.  And "Sammy's Bone" is the result.  Phew!  It'll be easier after today.


No comments:

Post a Comment