Sep 1, 2014

30 Dogs in 30 Days for the ASPCA

Today I started a “30 paintings in 30 days” challenge with Leslie Saeta.  

800 of my “closest artist friends” (of whom I’ve met none) will be participating.  We’ll post our daily work on Leslie’s page, and here, of course.  Leslie suggested we think of a theme – I went round and round - travel, flowers, doors….  Finally decided to do 30 dogs.  I’ve been meaning to do that for some time.

My sketches will be for sale at my Daily Paintworksgallery.  25% of the proceeds will be donated to the Galveston Humane Society.  They do wonderful work and two of my precious grand-dogs are “Galveston Specials” from there!  25% more will go to the Southern California German Shepherd Rescue (SOCAL).  I’ve fostered for them, love the work they are doing – saving lives every day!


This is my first piece, a 5x7 on canvas of Jacob.  He was one of my foster dogs in Norfolk – the most wonderful baby.  I only had him for 2 months, and occasionally to this day wish I’d kept him.  We found him a great home, with doggie sister on a farm.  Such a change from the way we found him – thrown out of a car in the traffic, run over and rescued by the 3rd car behind.  He never missed a beat.  He was joyful, loving and in constant motion, except this one time when we caught him “veg’ing” by the water.

This piece is for sale at my Daily Paintworks Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment