Feb 20, 2014

Discovering the world through art!

My first post is a challenge.  I stopped setting up the blog until I could figure out what the purpose was. So, I’ve been mulling it over; where am I with my art, where do I want it to take me, what can I contribute in a blog… Who am I as an artist? Since I’m still working on techniques, styles and procedures, those are a part of what I hope to discover along the way. But what has become abundantly clear to me in the past year is how much of a fog I’ve lived my life in; only aware of the obvious images, or feelings. No real exploration. My classes this last year have forced me to slow down, stop and LOOK! And in the process, I am discovering a whole new world. I dedicate this blog to that discovery – exploring the world through artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment